Monday, April 16, 2018

Dear Future Husband - A Bashful Bride's Challenge

The journey to "happily ever after" is no easy task, it's indeed a rather challenging path for this hopeful bride... After a rather unintentional break (from writing), here I am again, the lovely, albeit somewhat lonely, (future) bride sharing some really crazy encounters and the thought process behind what ultimately led to the most insane declaration to date... 😅


Dear Future Husband,
I haven’t been able to write lately. I got caught up with fixing my schedule, trying to fit appointments/engagements, and working around with gym class schedules – I wasn’t able to squeeze some time to write you about them. In any case, I’m writing now because I think I had a major breakthrough (or meltdown!) Emoji this past weekend and I just felt it's ok to share with you. Brace yourself!
My 2018 vision board #GOALS2018
This Saturday (April 14th), I attended a seminar “Strategies for Success” – you see I’ve been gearing up for that quantum leap in my professional career, so I’ve been keeping busy... In this seminar, I was asked to share my vision board Emoji in front of the participants. Okay, it was a rather small, cozy group of 16 people – but it was rather nerve wracking on my part, as I’m not really the most comfortable having to speak in front of “practical strangers”. And if that was not wild enough, I got to share some really personal stuff - stuff that I can’t even imagine discussing with my own mother! Stuff including, but not limited to, my relationship goals for this year #goals2018 – which was highlighted in my vision board. So, there I was ever so casually (and rather bashfully) shared the thoughts behind how my vision board came to be. I also mentioned my passion for writing, how I write a letter from time to time addressed to #DearFutureHusband. It may have happened all too random, but I think I just rambled on and inadvertently declared (to the universe, aka seminar hall) your existence, and how “I was this close” to finally meeting you!!! (translation: I just bared my brand of crazy to a bunch of a rather respectable group of individuals). And keeping up with this crazy bit, you do realize where this is leading to, right? (OH! I sure hope you do!) We have to make US happen! I’m not sure where, I don’t know when, I only hope it would be soon! 😉
Here’s hoping, and praying, to have you in the same page with me in this #goals2018. I hope you won’t think I’m too crazy... Just so you know, I can do sane like it’s any normal part of my system – promise! Emoji That said, I’m really looking forward to meeting you real soon.

~xoxo 💖
Your Future Bride 😘

As you can see, it was quite an embarrassing experience, but as the wise would say, if you wish to go further, dapat walang hiya! (direct translation: you should have no shame 😅 ~ pun intended) I still have a long way from shedding off my inherent shyness.. But it's a task I'm willing to face head on. I looked through my notebook (an actual notebook, where you write random stuff..) and found 2 other letters that I wrote some time in February. I'd get back to that soon & see how it would fit in this series. So, on to the next chapter 😊

~ 💖 xoxo 💖~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Future Husband - One Year Into The New Normal

It has been a while since the last time I published a letter.. I actually had a other written letters before this, but it is only now that I...