Tuesday, October 27, 2015

On the Wings of Love ~ Recap

On the Wings of Love
Recap: October 20 - 23, 2015


I'm feeling inspired, though that doesn't mean I will be doing recaps on a regular basis. I'm just really glad that I did the right choice of keeping the faith on this drama. So, without further ado, let's get this started:

Oct 20: #OTWOLPursue


The scene opened to Leah & Tiffany having a sister-to-sister moment. Tatang Sol walked in on them looking distraught, which prompted him to ask what the problem was. The 2 girls were quick to dismiss it as 'girl talk', to which Tatang assumed it was about Clark. Leah denied it, so Tatang was like, "alangan namang si Tolayts". LoL


Clark: "You seem to be having a bad day.. Just a little something to make you smile" 
Next, morning Leah walked into the surprise balloons
~ isn't Clark just the sweetest? ❤❤❤

He then decided to chaperone Leah, which earned him pogi points from your highness Sir Sol. So, Clark spent the whole day with Leah. He even waited for her to finish her interview, which then lead us to that sweet (uber mushy) jeepney ride home. 
stuck in traffic..


Oct 21: #OTWOLConfession




In this episode, Leah was back on diva mode, getting all annoyed & impatient towards Clark, hell-bent on pushing him away (again!). Clark, on the other hand, was starting to get offended at Leah's attitude towards him. They were inside the room, having a heated discussion. Clark asked Leah why she's pushing him away; Leah's insisting on parting with him, even going to the extent of telling him to his face that she didn't love him anymore. Clark's face looked like he got stabbed. Pain spread all over his eyes, but he's not buying the BS. (and neither were the viewers!). Clark didn't have the heart to argue, so he went out to get some fresh air. By the time he came back, he walked in on Leah having a serious talk with Tatang Sol, exposing the reason behind her marriage to Clark - hoping that this would prompt Tatang to make Clark leave. or so she thought... :P

Following Leah's confession, Tatang Sol was  in a foul mood the next morning. He got up from breakfast without touching any food & went to his room, still bothered by the recent exposé. Leah's feeling guilty and was clearly troubled on how her little act of defiance bit her back in the ass. (sorry, i'm not sorry!) Clark, seeing Leah upset, held her close, reassuring her that things will be ok eventually. 


Tatang Sol witnessed how Clark & Leah truly cared for each other ❤
Oct 22: #OTWOLHotseat
Tatang Sol's care-frontation

This has got to be my favorite episode of the week!

Tatang Sol, upon witnessing Leah & Clark arguing, decided to talk to them - individually.. This was the moment I've been waiting for! At first, I was rooting for Tiffany to knock some sense to Leah, to stop being a jerk to Clark and what not.. (obviously I'm not comfortable using that word that rhymes with 'peach', but you can catch the drift!) 

This turned out to be so much better than I've ever imagined! Tatang Sol 
talking some sense to Leah's totally misguided ways on dealing with her angst. (I love you, your highness Sir Sol!!) Mang Sol's advise is just GOLDEN!!! Even I could use some of those. The one the really struck me, yes you read that right me, was when Tatang went on to tell Leah how married life should be:.

"Ganyan ang mag-asawa nagdadamayan. Kung may problema, pinagtutulungan! Leah, asawa mo si Clark. Ganyan ang asawa, nandiyan pag kailangan mo! Pag di mo kailangan, nandiyan pa rin" ~ Tatang Sol 
*for those who don't understand Tagalog, you may tweet me @charmed_tc


Basically, Tatang gave them a practical, yet very fitting advice on the relationship between husband & wife. It's something that old folks would tell a young couple, and it was delivered in such a fatherly manner that made me wish I had a father like Tatang Sol.. (Note to self: I'm not going to cry.) Lots of hugs for Tatang Sol!!!

That night, Leah was still affected by her Nanang's deception, but at least now she's communicating with Clark. This side of Leah was what I've been waiting for, the reasonable side. Yes, it's totally understandable that she's going through some major ordeal, but shutting Clark away is not the solution. It's just like when they were in San Francisco, she was the one who told Clark that it would somehow help to talk to a friend - to unload some of the burden. Try taking your own advice. 


Clark reassuring Leah, "I'll make you believe in us again"

OTC 23: #OTWOLTooGood



From the previous episode, we're now brought to the aftermath of the confession & Tatang Sol's brilliant intervention. So, Clark gets to stay! (Hooray for us!) Tatang Sol was quick to remind Clark that he's not off the hook yet (LoL!). Tatang had yet to see if Clark is really the right for Leah (in my opinion, Tatang already know, I think he just needed more time to accept ❤). So, it's town Fiesta time, and people in the tenement are set to win this year's inter-baranggay competition, the Ginoong Tenement 2015! Tenement Uno, where Leah's household belong, is now brainstorming on how to beat Tenement Tres, the winner in the previous years. As they were trying to think of a strong candidate to be their representative, enter cue - Clark comes climbing down the stairs, gentle wind blowing through his hair, and as he caught a glimpse of them looking, he smiled - as if to seal the deal! Long story short, Tenement Uno found their hero! (enter a hilarious montage of pageant rehearsals)



Tolayts.. FTW ^_^


Leah, all amused while watching the Ginoong Tenement rehearsals

... and this is my beautiful wife, Leah 

As a whole, this week was such a delight to recap. Of course, there's the usual up & down moments: downs include Leah & the inconsistent ever changing mood towards Clark. I mean, I get that the sudden resurfacing of Nanang messed up her head big time! It makes for a perfectly solid conflict. But it's not really a valid reason to be a jerk to Clark, and for the love of God, why only to him! It's not fair, Clark has feelings too! That's why this scene where they're finally communicating is such a welcome development, took like forever to happen..



And along with keeping the faith, a million & more thanks to the amazing OTWOL team Direk Antoinette Jadaone, Direk Jojo Saguin & Eric John Salut ~ you are geniuses!!! ❤


Direk Jojo Saguin and Direk Antoinette Jadaone at the #OTWOLSpreadTheLoveTour
side note: I am aware that this recap is a couple of days delayed.. I was supposed to post this during the weekend, but instead I went to Market Market for the  Grand Meet up #OTWOLSpreadTheLoveTour ❤ I wouldn't miss it for world! I'm especially glad because I got to see the beautiful direk Tonette ❤
~ Direk, I hope you'd get a videoke session next time. ^_^

And on that note, I bid you all good night..


xoxo

Photo credits: ABS CBN channel, iWantTV, screen caps of my TV & YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Future Husband - One Year Into The New Normal

It has been a while since the last time I published a letter.. I actually had a other written letters before this, but it is only now that I...