Saturday, October 17, 2015

On The Wings of Love ~ #OTWOLBiyahengPagIbig Oct. 16, 2015

 #OTWOLBiyahengPagIbig Oct. 16, 2015
 


Ang NAKARAAN:
#OTWOLIgibPagIbig ep. last Oct 15 showed how Clark was willing to do whatever it takes to get Mang Sol's approval, which brought us to a whole montage of him delivering water not only to the Olivar household but, by Tolayts' dumb coaxing, the entire Tenement community. 



There's just too many things that are just not right in this scenario:
Paninilbihan, or service associated in courtship, sure is a normal right of passage that's somewhat still observed in the Philippine culture - that's acceptable. But so is common courtesy that the family being served usually extends to the suitor. So, for the sake of argument, let me put it this way, this is a bit far hetched to happen in real life, so this is probably done for comedic sake(?).. Although I find it rather cruel to be considered funny.


Personally, I feel like giving Tolayts a good, hard smack on the head for even suggesting it. This is just plain ABUSE. 

Which brings us to last night's #OTWOLBiyahengPagIbig episode. We open to the scene, where poor Clark is all worn out from delivering water, as part of this so called courtship ritual (I call it bullying!) 

At the very least, it's comforting to find Leah concerned about Clark. She even reminded Clark that he didn't need to do all these. But when Mang Sol feigned that he's not at all impressed, this prompted to more little chores here & there including, but not limited to, the very cute laundry scene!

Clark & Leah found time to goof around while doing manual laundry ^_^
I esp. like the shock on Leah's face when Clark attempted to "get even". #lol

And true to the OTWOL tradition, we get a hefty dose of GOOD VIBES! If I have to pick a favorite, it would have to be the karaoke sequence.


It was a sweet "happy memory" that Clark & Leah shared together with the extended Tenement family. That tender moment when Leah didn't have to put up walls to keep Clark, and the rest of the world for that matter, away from getting too close to her. The driving the jeep part seemed a little off for me. Reality check: driving public transport around Manila is very daunting even for experienced drivers, with the numerous hagad & buwaya looming around.. hey, that's reality for you! Still, it was pretty hilarious how Leah called out "guapo driver namin!" while calling passengers to ride the jeep. 

Overall, I'd say the development of the story seemed legit, but not without its flaws. I'm starting to feel the effect of the decision to extend OTWOL, and it posts a grave concern for the fans  (yes, I'm getting overly dramatic!) as the story is getting complicated, and it's not in the regulation-OTWOL manner. 

Fan comment on On the Wings of Love FB page

**another comment posted on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2nKQgxcCgk 
* names are blurred to protect the privacy of the individual fans.

Suffice to say, I'm not alone in this plight. I myself have a number of plausible conflicts to suggest to the story that I'm tempted to type a separate blog (that's still subject to a lot of considerations.. :'P). I can't afford to make this a regular thing, making recaps & giving it my 2 cents, so I will try my best to contain myself with the nightly twitter spree [which btw I missed last night, due to prior engagements.. C'mon it's Friday night, it's not a crime to have a life! ;'P].

Despite this dark cloud looming over, I still have a lot of hope in this drama. I have to hand it to the amazing OTWOL team: direk Antoinette Jadaone, direk Jojo Saguin, and Eric John Salut, for the wonderful work they're putting into the series. Yes, it may seem unraveling at the seams as it's starting to adopt the stereotype drama sub plots, but they somehow still manage to turn it back into the light & feel-good OTWOL we all know & Love!
this scene is actually uber cheesy..
Makes me feel like punching someone on the face (probably Jigs ~lol)
xoxo

Photo credits: ABS-CBN channel (as always) captured on my TV screen or YouTube

**PS. I don't agree with this (YT comment above). I understand Leah being devastated and all. But it could have been handled differently. It's a good opportunity for a role reversal, where Clark could remind her that he understand what she must going through and it's perfectly normal to be angry. But know that he's going to be there to help her deal, just as Leah was there for him when he was having a hard time with the way his father had been towards him. (like I said, I'm still considering if I should come up with another blog entry with suggested sensible sub plots that can be looped back & connect with the existing conflicts. It doesn't have to stray far from the original jist of the story) ^_^ #achieve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Future Husband - One Year Into The New Normal

It has been a while since the last time I published a letter.. I actually had a other written letters before this, but it is only now that I...