Thursday, October 15, 2015

On The Wings Of Love ~ Philippine Leg: Oct 14, 2015.

On The Wings Of Love
~ Philippine Leg: Oct 14, 2015.


Like the numerous fans all over, I religiously follow #OTWOL every night. I have learned to tolerate lengthy commercial breaks as this could be a good time to tweet away my thoughts on the most recent encounter. No one in my family is allowed to bother me once the show starts, and I appreciate them for respecting my private OTWOL time (which usually extends to pbb, depending on the impact of the episode). And with that aside, I would like to share a few pieces of my mind on the episode last night - Oct 14th:

From the previous night, it was already established that Tatang Sol, along with the extended Tenement family, were all surprised to learn that their precious little Leah got married in San Francisco, which brought Clark, her husband, in the midst of their tight-knit community. Of course, this wasn't Clark's intention, but for all intents & purposes of the drama, the series of events lead us there.

I like this development, there will surely be a lot of potentially fun encounters that would arise from this. However, I'm more than a little concern with Leah's non-chalant attitude towards Clark. He was supposed to be her beloved! How it broke her to leave him in the airport (and fans around the globe witnessed and shared the pain & agony that came along with the scene). It tore apart all our hearts!
who could forget this scene?? 
Just the night before, she was looking all-so-lovingly at Clark's photo on her phone, which showed how it ached for them to be apart..


So, why the cold treatment now? Why is Leah suggesting that they go back to the "pretend-we're-madly-in-love" stage of their relationship? Was there a time warp of some sort that altered Leah's mind & feelings towards Clark that she's suddenly the stereotype female lead that refuse to acknowledge & appreciate the grand gesture of the male lead right in front of her face?


As much as I LOVE OTWOL (and I do mean LOVE, my tweets will show just how much), I'm not buying into this angst-y BS.

Clark coming home to an empty apartment.. 

For one, Clark is not at fault here, it was Leah who broke her promise & left. Given that she's troubled by the recent events; with Tita Jack & Jigs; and, with her Nanang suddenly resurfacing, sure that would unhinge more than a few couple of screws in your head. But for someone going through all these, I think it would be very comforting to know that Clark, the handsome love of your life, went through great lengths to find you, to make you feel that he's there for you, "no acting required". (Yes, that phrase is very much appropriate, it has to make it somewhere in this piece ^_^)



No. 2, they are waaay past the "are we still pretending?" phase, why go back to that? Worse, why is our dear Leah on diva-mode, set on pushing Clark away?



Watching last night's episode was in part Fun & a bit annoying. The Fun part was Clark getting all drunk & uninhibited (10 pts for Gryffindor!).


The annoying part was how Tatang Sol overreacted, insisted on being addressed as "Your highness", and somewhat bent on humiliating Clark - and for what reason?

 

To me, it's not making any sense. I understand, it would take some time to warm up to your daughter's bf, or in this case husband, but I just think it could have been handled differently.


And Leah, my sweet girl! Who casted an amnesia spell upon you? This is Clark, the one who professed his love to you! The one whom you also love in return! Goodness gracious me! Do you think Clark deserves to be treated that way? Nevermind Tatang Sol, who's still in shock of the fact that you're married, but you! Why treat him like.. as if he pulled a Jigs? I usually always take the girl's side on things, but if it doesn't make sense...

I'm worried about the network's move to extend the drama until 2016. I understand the rating wars and all it entails, but I hope this will not ruin the integrity of the story! I can see the likes of "Forevermore" & "Be Careful With My Heart", both dramas started really strong and with good solid story premise - and I watched them as much as my schedule allowed. Yet in the effort of prolonging the good audience-response, they added a number of mini subplots and conflicts that somewhere along the line, the drama lost it's integrity and the conclusion went very far off the intended ending.

I very much hope this is not the case for OTWOL. This is the 1st drama that I really really like, and yes to the brink of obsession - as the article said (hello! why would I even write this lengthy 'review').

I have faith in the OTWOL team, direk Antoinette Jadaone, direk Jojo Saguin, and Eric John Salut, that they can stir the story in a good direction. Please don't let the good story crumble down! As always, I promise to keep watching & sharing my thoughts on twitter, and I hope I will love this drama to its end! #Push On the Wings of Love 


#AchieveNaAchieve ito!

photo credits: ABS CBN channel (obviously!) - these are either screen shot of my TV, or via YT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Future Husband - One Year Into The New Normal

It has been a while since the last time I published a letter.. I actually had a other written letters before this, but it is only now that I...