Wednesday, November 4, 2015

On The Wings Of Love – November Fever

On the Wings of Love – November Fever

I’m trying to keep my opinions to myself.. OK, so, maybe I do share bits & pieces thru the nightly twitter spree, but since this is my blog, I guess I have the privilege to indulge myself (LoL!), so here goes..

Ang NAKARAAN:

From last week’s fire incident, which caused Leah a great deal of scare – the scare of almost losing Clark, we’re brought to yet another roller-coaster of emotions: kilig now, asa-ness later and back! Honestly, I was losing patience over Leah’s ever-so-inconsistent feelings towards Clark. It’s torture to watch how she pushes him away, then reel him back in. This is rather uncharacteristic of Leah, or at least the Leah that we know. I know about the Nanang issue, it’s been overly emphasized! Thank you very much! I very well realize that this is just a made-for-TV drama, but hey, my blog, my sentiments! ;P


Nov 2 #OTWOLIMissYou


So, we open to Leah’s office project to which she’s pouring herself into. Tatang Sol noticed how busy this was making her, and more so, he also noticed how Clark seemed to be scarce. Leah tried to explain that perhaps Clark’s busy & all that, yet Tatang was quick to point out how she seemed unsure of her husband’s whereabouts. Hah! 

So, our little Miss Leah is now sad in her room, feeling miserable and somewhat regretting having rejected Clark from last week. She missed him terribly ~




On the other hand, Clark was indeed busy at work, with Diana now checking the development of the café project. Here, we get to meet yet another recurring character, Angela, the drunk girl whom Clark helped from another life time (episodes back) – and as luck would have it, apparently she is Diana’s daughter (only in TV dramas are there such coincidences!). Anyway, the two seemed to recognize each other from that fateful club in the US. And what’s with the lingering, and totally unnecessary, stare? (LoL!). In any case, on with the business meeting, a few adjustments with the concept here & there - which lead Clark to an additional project of rediscovering the romantic side of Manila – for work purposes (of course!)


Enter scene of the dynamic dream team: Clark, Axel & Kiko “brainstorming” on where to find inspiration around Manila. What followed was a series of totally hilarious, if not tacky, ways of finding inspiration & romance in Manila ~ smh.. 
Axel, really? And Kiko, you're no better! ~LOL

Clark is now left to research on his own, and with the brilliant suggestion of Jordan & Jenny,  he’s then lead to yet the best idea ever!

Back in Leah’s office, her juice pitch was utterly rejected by her senior, only to find her claiming all the credit later on at the meeting. 


Oh dear, I totally expected that! This incident left Leah feeling really dejected, as she had high hopes for the project. And as she approached the exit, she finds Clark waiting for her at the door. Before Clark can utter anything, Leah just flung herself at him, like it was a life line. Clark, never oblivious to her current state, asked her what was wrong. So, Leah just poured out her disappointments over the recent office incident as she held on to Clark’s warm embrace.
It's alright.. I'm here ❤
Nov 3 #OTWOLHappyCLEAHDay

Following the scene from last night, we find Clark consoling Leah over the unpleasant incident at work, giving her encouraging words, to make her feel better. Leah then remembered to ask why he was there, but didn’t have heart to argue when Clark offered to take her home.

The following day, Clark comes to Leah’s place bearing gifts, much to Tatang and the extended Tenement family’s approval. Clark then asked Tatang’s permission to take Leah out – to Leah’s protest, accusing Clark of asking Tatang because he’s got a better chance with him ~ haha! Tatang ever so delightfully gave Clark his blessings, and even insisted that Leah should go. And with the neighbors’ chorus of coaxing, Leah reluctantly agreed to go. (like hell, are you going to refuse, girl?? >_<) ~ and so the date around Manila began..
all together now: Samahan mo ang asawa mo! ^_^

Make me fall in Love with Manila, the way I fell in love with you ~
What can I say, aside from the fact that I have renewed my LOVE for this drama? Sure, the pressure of it being extended is still there, like a dark cloud hanging over our shoulders. But, kudos to the amazing directors Antoinette Jadaone & Jojo Saguin for stirring the direction of the story almost back to its former pace. I mean, it’s not the same pace as the Napa Valley date or the date following the Aminan night, both of which last just 1 episode each. But, having to extend the Manila date for another episode was delivered in such a graceful manner. The tone of the drama is a lot better than the previous weeks since the story was brought to the Philippines. As much as it pains me, it was then starting to feel dragging. At some point, OTWOLPursue & OTWOLConfession could very well be just one episode but it was stretched in an unOTWOLesque fashion. So the progress with these first 2 episodes of November is such a welcome development. Like coming home to the old OTWOL that we know & love.

Nothing but praises for the development of Jigs' character. The transition of putting more substance to his character is very creatively portrayed. The addition of Maggie into the story is very much apt and I couldn’t ask for a better character myself! I hope this story of Jigs & Maggie would play out well, bring closure to Jigs & Leah, and somehow help bring some resolve to Jigs & Clark’s relationship. 

And speaking of additional characters, I am quite bothered with Angela. It’s too early to pass judgment. I mean, this is one puzzle piece that I’m not really sure where to place. I’m not naïve, I can sense that she’s probably there to play some sort of jealousy-factor (a totally unnecessary wedge?) to Clark & Leah’s relationship. If that’s where it’s going, well, it just seemed a little forced, if I may say so myself. I’m obviously not an expert, but I just can’t find any angle in Clark’s story line where her character may fit. Clark’s back story and development so far is pretty solid – he’s married and very much devoted (to a fault!), that alone should be reason enough for Angela to back off. And at the current rate of bts photos in OTWOLista.com, there’s still the family outing of the Medina & Olivar family which is bound to happen sometime soon. So, it’s pretty unclear where & how Angela’s character will be injected in the picture. 

I do have faith, a renewed one at that, that the story premise will remain intact (really high hopes for that!). I hate to think that this will turn into one of those good dramas turned bad, like what happened to “Princess & I” and “Forevermore” – just to name a few (yes, I like Kapamilya dramas – get over it!). Because of the network’s meddling (it’s pretty obvious, no sugar-coating needed), the story got more & more complicated that  somewhere along the lines it lost its integrity, with a lot of loose ends from the numerous convoluted twists & subplots, the ending turned out rather poorly – very far from the original premise! 

I am a fan of OTWOL, no doubt in that, but being a fan doesn’t mean I need it to be prolonged more than it’s intended run. I believe in keeping it short & sweet ~ realistic & interesting. There’s always the option release the DVD version so we can relive the good vibes over & over again.
❤❤❤


~ xoxo ~


Photo credit: ABS CBN Channel (as always), iWantTV ~ and screen shots of my TV & YT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Future Husband - One Year Into The New Normal

It has been a while since the last time I published a letter.. I actually had a other written letters before this, but it is only now that I...