Saturday, March 11, 2017

Spring Cleaning: Decluttering Your Thoughts


at Dole Kalsangi Club, South Cotabato


Lately, my mind have pre-occupied that renders me to fail to function properly. My mind seemed to be filled with a whole assortment of things that are neither useful not productive – to say the least. I find myself putting off a lot of important tasks – and wallow in some kind of “emotional turmoil”, if you may – wasting away precious time that was supposed to be spent getting a lot of things done (i.e. work & etc..). So, I have to do something to wake myself up from this extended reverie. I have to clear my mind so that the productive juice will flow, ergo the need for “Spring cleaning” ☺


I realized I have amassed quite a volume of clutter from the previous year. Suffice to say that 2016 leap year was nothing short of a roller coaster ride, with all the bumps, twists & turns to complete the entire cycle. I was able to conclude the year fairly well, in fact it was on a rather happy note. But the onset 2017 was an overload of work tasks, that having to finish all in such short notice and an even shorter timeline, rendered me all cluttered - with the overflow from last year and the  sudden impact of the start of this year. So, it took me until now to start uncluttering – start clearing my head to focus on the succeeding endeavors for the rest of the year. Well, of course, the wallowing also added to this being pushed further back. But that has got to stop!

So, I decided to give myself an assignment, something to help me focus on the more important stuff and at the same time keep my mind off things that would make me wallow some more ☺ Here’s a few projects that I wish to undertake for the remaining of the year:

  • Re-visit your Blog: which is what I’m doing as of this writing. I had been putting off posting new entries for quite a while now – this actually contributed to the restlessness that I’ve been feeling. Writing have always been an effective outlet for me. It’s such an effective way for me to clear my mind of things that seem to bother me, and writing these things down, or in this case posting them on screen, gives me a different perspective. It’s like laying down the blueprint and analyzing stuff – sorting those that work from those that are just clutter ☺ So, on that note, I would undertake to revive my blog – publish something NEW every other week!
  •  Take time to read your books: I’m very keen on reading books. And I must say, my collection have grown… my collection of unread books – that is! I’m very fond of reading. I guess reading and writing goes hand in hand, or at least it works that way for me. Reading is my escape, my safe haven, my sanctuary. It is where I refresh & replenish my mind, reinforce my creative spirit. Last year, I have been so swamped with work that I never had a chance to finish reading any of my books. An impromptu trip to the bookstore most of the time translates to a purchase of at least 2 books – and if it’s a book fair, book sale, or warehouse sale, then my book purchasing power gets multiplied 😎 haha.. So, by the end of 2016, I have more than a shelf full of books waiting to be read. Add to that the books I got on the recent book signing event that I’ve attended (more on that on a separate blog), then I think I have more than 20+ books that I haven’t had the chance to read yet.. For February, at least I know I was able to finish reading 1 of the books that I’ve received as a gift for Christmas (yep, that also added to my pile!) and I’ve already started reading the next book, which is why I haven’t been able to follow any of the current TV series out there… haha.. but I guess that’s ok! Reading my books makes me happy, and it wil also help me accomplish no. #1.


  • Take a vacation: This is very important – and not just for some preachy hullabaloo on work-life balance... I have enough of that on social media. I realize, I need to get out of my usual routine and take a much needed and well deserved time away from work, away from the city... away from home(?) hehe.. This is one of the things that I have put off last year due to the time-sensitive demands at work – which became overwhelmingly stressful. My job ate up most of my time, and that persist for the majority of the year. I was able to take a short break and spend an overnight bonding treat with my family, just in time before it became crazy hectic thru the holiday rush.. This year, I have to include planned vacation leaves, and I do say real quality vacation leave, and not just some blink-and-you-missed-it momentary interlude... Undertaking this project would actually give me time to take on no. #2 or no. #1.. or both! So, this is actually a lot of fun!!!
Family bonding / stay-cation 💖


  • Open your heart & live a little: This has got to be the trickiest of all the projects that I'm about to face for this year... and probably for the rest of my life (?) 😨 I've got to say, I have been independent and content with my life for quite a long time now, and I've always embraced the idea of "not rocking the boat". Opening your heart would mean widening your horizons and going out of your usual habit and give yourself a chance to grow, to explore new heights, find love ♥ and be courageous enough to sustain that love ♥... I don't have any idea how, but it's a challenge that I must face. I have been putting this off for a long, long time... I have actually convinced myself that I'm perfectly well without it, but if I am to be really truthful, then I've got to admit that it was an all-too-concious effort to actually avoid it... avoid finding LOVE. *deep sigh* I just never had the courage nor the strength to try. So, for this year this undertaking is the kind where I mindlessly stated #challengeaccepted. And I feel foolish & determined at the same time for challenging myself in exploring this option. But hey, I guess you'll never know until you try, right? 
So, there you have it... The list of challenges that I have undertaken to get things done for this year! As far as timeline is concerned, that's still subject to... maybe a different blog entry, perhaps? I think I've dug myself a deep enough grave here, so I'm calling it a day! Hopefully, I'd get to tick these items one by one as the year progresses. Bottom line, I do believe that I really need to give myself a break! And while we're at it, I suggest that you take one for yourself as well. 😘 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Future Husband - One Year Into The New Normal

It has been a while since the last time I published a letter.. I actually had a other written letters before this, but it is only now that I...